Monday 3 December 2012

Tool time

Today I received my early Christmas gift to myself:

Brown box
I ordered this stuff about a week ago from Mektronics and I was pretty excited when I got a call from the office at work to say it had arrived.

This naughty splurge was for a bunch of choice electronics tools I've had my eye on for years. I figured I might as well get them now and enjoy them in the coming years instead of always wishing that I had the right tool for the job.

The run down
So, as you can see, I ordered myself up a Hakko 808 desoldering gun, a Hakko FX-888 soldering iron, a Steinel HG-305S heat gun and a Fluke 114 multimeter. This kit should help immensely with repair and customisation work.

The low down
As you might imagine, I'm really excited by the possibilities! Just gotta find some free time to get stuck into it...

No comments:

Post a Comment